A few search engines
and search databases.
- Specific Keywords - Think about your topic
and use keywords that are as unique to your topic as possible. The stronger the keyword
the fewer hits it will yield.
- Quote Your Terms - This will search will
return pages that contain the exact terms you specified between the quotes.
- Spelling Counts - Make sure you spell your keywords or phrases correctly.
- Punctuation Doesn't Count - Search engines do not usually use punctuation.
Try removing the apostrophy and the letters that follow it.
- Check out the help - Make sure to read the
search engine help pages. Most search engines have "Advanced" searches you can use to cut
down on the number of pages your search gets. This will help greatly with eye strain.
- Follow Search Engine Topics - Most
search engines have catagorized information
to make it easier to find what you need. Some
have added locality infomation as well. You may find these avenues turn up what you are searching for.
- Many Search Engines to Try - Always try
other search engines if your search is not
getting you the information you need.